Samsung´s Digital Signage displays with Tizen operating system now support Amplitude Net Software
Amplitude Net´s %Digital Signage Software%, called World VDS, became available in a fully integrated way with the Tizen operating system, the system currently used in Samsung´s latest and most powerful professional Digital Signage Smart TVs.
These Samsung Digital Signage displays incorporate System on Chip (SoC) technology The WorldVDS is a built-in media player, so you don´t need any hardware external to the screen to run our WorldVDS software.
World VDS already had versions for Windows, Android, Linux and %Raspberry PI%Samsung Digital Signage, extends its offer for Samsung´s professional Digital Signage displays, bringing even more benefits to the companies that choose our Digital Signage solutions.
World VDS provides all the functionality you need to create, schedule and publish content that looks great on any type of screen (normal, Video Wall, interactive, LED and Outdoor) and now enables it natively in Samsung´s professional screens, without the need for additional hardware attached to the screen. Our global platform for %Digital Signage% cloud-based is used daily on more than 5,000 terminals in several countries In the most varied locations, such as shops, clinics, pharmacies, petrol stations, schools and companies, in their internal communications with employees via screens in their buildings (projects known as %Corporate TV%).
Using Samsung´s Tizen professional screens, it is possible to display the desired content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in an integrated 2-in-1 Digital Signage solution, where the screen is not only a monitor but also a player. This way, besides the reduction of space, since there is no need to use an additional player, there is also the reduction of costs associated with the elimination of this complementary hardware, and subsequent maintenance costs.
Key Advantages of SoC (System on Chip) Technology for Samsung´s Digital Signage solutions
As mentioned above, System on Chip (SoC) technology makes a Digital Signage solution an all-in-one solution because now allows content to be displayed without the need for additional hardware connected to the screen.
Among the various advantages are the following:
- Elegant and tidy installation: The SoC saves space as it means that no additional external hardware is required, such as additional cables or brackets. This makes installation more organised, as in many situations only a single power cable for the display will be required.
- Performance: SoC displays offer excellent performance and quality, with great reliability, as they are made to last and prepared to be permanently on 24/7. The latest displays also already have quad-core processors and already provide support for 4K.
- Cost-effective: While the cost of a professional SoC display may be higher than a consumer display, the overall cost of installation generally decreases compared to the traditional configuration as there is a decrease in the complexity of installation as well as any future maintenance that may occur.
- Full compatibility: As Amplitude Net´s Digital Signage Software is state of the art, its installation and configuration on Samsung SSSP´s screens can be done in a few minutes, and the sophisticated Content Management System (CMS) of the platform can be immediately connected and used.
- Efficient energy: The latest SoC displays offer great energy savings and without the need for an external PC connected to the display, power consumption is further reduced significantly.
- Speed of presentation: The execution of the Digital Signage on the SoC screen is also done in an extremely fast way, allowing the broadcast to be available right after the initial seconds when the screen turns on.
- Device monitoring: This new technology also enables real-time monitoring of the devices´ network, allowing easy access to device information, performance statistics and remote adjustment of display settings.
Wide Variety of Samsung Digital Signage Displays Compatible with World VDS and Amplitude Net Software
World VDS is currently supported by a wide variety of Samsung´s Digital Signage displays.
Currently Samsung´s "Samsung SMART Signage Platform" (SSSP) is now in version 6 and the associated Digital Signage technology, called Tizen, is now in its 4.0 version. However, given the state-of-the-art software associated with the World VDS and Amplitude Net, it can also run on Samsung´s previous generation screens SSSP5 screens (with Tizen 3.0 operating system) and SSSP4 Digital Signage screens (with Tizen 2.4 operating system).
Below is a description of the list of the various Samsung Digital Signage Display Series associated with each of the versions of the aforementioned "Samsung SMART Signage Platform" that enable the use of the World VDS to Amplitude Net software.
Operating System Type and associated Screen Series:
- SSSP6 (Tizen 4.0): QBN, QMN series
- SSSP5 (Tizen 3.0): DBJ, QHH, QMH, QBH series
- SSSP4 (Tizen 2.4): PMH, PHF-P, PMF-BC, PHF, PMF, OMH, OHF series
Samsung´s two latest Digital Signage series stand out with the following features:
- The QBN series: is characterised by UHD picture quality and a sleek, modern design, capturing the public´s eye. It includes the models QB43N, QB49N, QB55N, QB65N and QB75N.
- The QMN series: is known for also possessing attractive UHD image quality, with extensive connectivity and 24/7 continuous performance. The models in this series are QM43N, QM49N, QM55N, QM65N, QM75N.
Samsung SSSP Certification of World VDS Digital Signage Software
For several years Amplitude Net has maintained a close Digital Signage partnership with Samsung This is the result of the many reference projects carried out for the most prestigious leading companies in different sectors of activity, which often use Samsung screens for their projects.
The proof of this relationship is the regular invitation that Samsung cordially extends to Amplitude Net, to be %present at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE)% the world´s largest annual exhibition for AV (AudioVisual) and systems integration professionals, where a wide variety of markets and people come together to meet, collaborate, learn and do business.
On %ISE 2019 edition% which took place in Amsterdam, Samsung presented as a great novelty the 8K display "The Wall", a large format modular monitor, configurable and customisable for a wide range of sizes and proportions that could go from 73" to 292".
To make possible the World VDS software compatibility with the SSSP platform there was naturally a Amplitude Net and Samsung to bring development teams closer together so as to overcome all the obstacles inherent in the development of the solution and to to secure certification of the World VDS Digital Signage solution under Samsung´s SSSP.
Key features of the SSSP platform with the new generation with Tizen technology
Developed by Tizen, the latest generation of SSSP has evolved the multimedia management experience as well as its hardware for dedicated cloud technology partners to eliminate the need for additional hardware, and enable greater efficiency at a lower total cost of ownership.
The following are the main features of the SSSP6 platform with the new generation of Tizen 4.0 technology
Enhanced compatibility: SSSP is compatible with several Web formats and standards, including HTML5 and ECMAScript 6, which makes it possible for partners to transfer their existing Web applications to SSSP without the need for further conversion or additional formats. This has resulted in:
- High HTML 5 compatibility: HTML5 support continues to play a big factor in the creation and playback of rich content without relying on the device. Developed by Tizen, SSSP empowers partners to play HTML content in an efficient and seamless manner (as it has an industry-leading 94% compatibility of HTML5 features);
- Wider coverage for ECMA6 script: The 6th generation of SSSP offers enhanced compatibility with ECMAScript 6, making it 97% compatible with ECMAScript 6 and a major player in the industry. SSSP allows you to play ECMAScript 6 content without the need for conversion or additional stages, creating visually compelling dynamic content.
Easy development: Samsung offers partners a wide range of tools to help develop their solutions, including testing and debugging the applications. This includes the following tools:
- Integrated Software Development Kit (SDK): Providing SSSP partners with a software development kit (SDK) that enables the development of custom solutions using open source web APIs (Application Program Interfaces) to help meet customer needs.
- Web Application Emulator: Supports a web application emulator that allows SSSP partners the ability to easily run, debug and test their web applications from their PCs, rather than needing to test them on another dedicated physical display.
- Automation of application testing: Supports Selenium Suite, which enables development teams to automatically perform web application testing and therefore reduce the burden of their manual testing.
- Remote Web Inspector: Supports Remote Web Inspector, which allows SSSP partners to test and control web applications running on screens, directly on their own remote PCs.
Support of various businesses: Data security remains an important factor in Digital Signage for Samsung, so it stands out:
- SSSP protected by Knox: The Knox-powered SSSP solution is protected by a 3-layer defence system, offering protection across the application, platform and kernel layer. This rigid structure not only protects vital applications and content, but also critical screen components, including the platform itself and hardware.
- Knox Protected Remote Desktop: Due to enhanced security, SSSP offers remote signalling access support to the user´s PC or cloud server, eliminating the need for a PC or laptop during sessions. The only accessories needed to control the PC remotely are now a keyboard or mouse.
Extended capabilities: SSSP offers a variety of additional features that provide expanded access, applications and usability to SSSP development partners. The platform supports NaCl and Node.js, which helps create an even more powerful solution.
- NaCl holder: Powerful native apps are traditionally difficult to develop, while web apps are easy to build but slow. However, Tizen´s SSSP simplifies the development process. By supporting NaCl (Google Native Client), a programming language with native web language capabilities, SSSP helps partners build powerful apps with less effort.
- Support for the automatic recovery feature: When applications fail and shut down due to system errors, the SSSP automatically attempts to restart up to five times. If a problem persists, the backup content is run to make sure there is no disruption to the customer experience.
Remote management: Guarantee of optimised devices via remote management, through the following solutions:
- Optimum hardware control: Samsung´s remote management solution offers the ability to change display settings such as power, volume, input source and more. By using the remote controlled OSD menu, it eliminates the need for on-site visits and offers the ability to provision new firmware and automate software updates.
- Enhanced monitoring and control for any device: Samsung´s Remote Management Solution is a central remote service solution that not only enables the remote monitoring of devices, but also eliminates the need for site visits or service calls. The Remote Management Solution platform synchronises with a partner´s CMS (Content Management System) and provides comprehensive analysis of hardware content and its display.
- Enhanced monitoring: Previously, when a device experienced system errors, it often required the need for an on-site service call. Samsung´s remote management solution, however, can recognise 40 different error codes to help detect network problems. In addition, the solution provides data on error rates, connection status and approvals, thus providing users with critical performance data anywhere, anytime.
- Pousadas da Juventude adopt Digital Signage World VDS system
- The World Cup in Companies: Corporate TV | Qatar 2022
- Digital solution wants to optimize waiting times at Ageas stores
- All-in-one solution for efficient screen management in Xiaomi stores
- New EasyDay proximity grocery stores adopt World VDS software
Amplitude Net solutions go far beyond traditional Digital Signage systems
To discuss how World VDS Software can deliver your experience of excellence from Digital Signage, talk to us today